Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Four Seasons

So, based on a few comments from my Uncle on my Facebook status about listening to James Taylor songs with the months in them, I was inspired to think of playlists like that. And, well, I love making lists (and music)...

The Four Seasons (with Frankie Valli?)
Your Winter - Sister Hazel
Springtime - Mike Errico
Cruel Summer - Ace of Base / Bananarama
Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy (French popular/folk song)

Months
October Road - James Taylor
November Rain - Guns n Roses
A Long December - Counting Crows
January Friend - Goo Goo Dolls
February Song - Josh Groban
The Imperial March - John Williams (cheating? haha)
Pieces of April - Three Dog Night
Mayday - Dispatch (again, cheating?)
Evening in June - Van Morrison
On the 4th of July - James Taylor
August & Everything After - Counting Crows
September Grass - James Taylor

(Incomplete) States
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
California Girls - Beach Boys
Connecticut - Bing Crosby
Georgia on My Mind - Ray Charles
When You Dream About Hawai'i - Bing Crosby
Indiana Wants Me - R Dean Taylor
My Old Kentucky Home - (Stephen Foster)
There's A Girl In the Heart of Maryland - Bing Crosby
Especially In Michigan - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mississippi Queen - Mountain
Theme From New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
Ohio - Neil Young
Oklahoma/Texas Line - Rascal Flatts
Pennsylvania Polka - Frankie Yankovic
Tennessee Waltz - Norah Jones
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Meet Virginia - Train
On Wisconsin! - (Univ. of Wisconsin's fight song...)

"Counting" Crows...
One - Three Dog Night
Two Days in February - Goo Goo Dolls
Three Times A Lady - Commodores
Four Wheel Drive - CW McCall
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
Every Six Seconds - OTown (yeah...)
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Eight Days A Week - Beatles
Cloud Nine - Temptations
Ten Years Ahead - Soundtrack of Our Lives

I tried to pull from my iTunes collection first...

4 comments:

The Middle Miles said...

You're missing a song for the BEST STATE EVER!
Colorado Sunrise - 3OH!3
:D

Mike said...

Well hey, nobody's perfect :) I didn't really do any searching, just used what I knew. Otherwise my list would be complete! Feel free to add any others.

Steph said...

YAY! Gave me knew music to check out :-)

Mike said...

Well I can't promise it's all good music :) LOVE Eva Cassidy's voice and her jazz. It's a shame she died so young.