Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Long Overdue

Okay, so this is LONG overdue...every birthday I try to compile a list of a few things I've learned, as long as some firsts, over the past year. Hey, I'm only 2 months late...

**Version 25**

Firsts (not many that I can think of)
- PT for a running injury
- Double run (i.e. a two runs in a day)
- Trip to Alaska!

Things I Learned
- Don't buy magazine subscriptions in person
- Cancel your trial subscriptions early if you're done with them!
- How to file a claim with an insurance company
- What plantar fasciitis really is
- What city life is like...sort of...
- More about corrosion and types of corrosion than I thought I ever would
- Mick Jagger sang back-up on Carly Simon's "You're So Vain"
- ALT & Enter in Excel creates a new line within a cell
- A lot about crabs and crab meat
- Snoopy was sort of a mascot for NASA
- The most deadly creature is the malarial parasite
- Don't run a marathon in worn out shoes :)
- Flexibility is vital
- How to turn on a furnace for radiated heat
- Jumping isn't good for shin splints or stress fractures
- What exactly a sprain is
- Missing BQ by 4 seconds SUCKS!
- How to make eggs overeasy
- How to drive a jetski
- Totem poles are not completely round
- What Qiviut is (musk ox wool)...and how soft it is!
- My great-great-grandfather Alexander Niebrzydowski landed in America on my birthday in 1906...in Baltimore...

No comments: