Friday, January 8, 2010

Ketchup, Part V

...III sir!

(Christmas)

We got about 20 inches of snow in Baltimore the weekend before Christmas. It was interesting to see how everyone around here reacted. The 6:00 news was a half hour of just storm coverage. Though, to be fair, 20 inches of snow in less than 24 hours and blizzard conditions is quite a bit. I didn't drive anywhere Saturday (day of the blizzard) or Sunday. Sunday afternoon I did dig my car out, though. With my bare hands... (guess what I got for Christmas?) ...but it was rather fluffy snow, so it didn't make it that much more difficult. Probably wasn't good for my thumb, though, which I injured at basketball on the Thursday before.

I had to get a front alignment and two new front tires (stupid Baltimore roads) before I drove home for Christmas on the 23rd. We decorated the tree after dinner the night I got in and I picked up a last minute Christmas gift the next morning. We had my mom's family over Christmas Eve and then again on Christmas Day. Of course Midnight Mass was in the plans as well. By the time we were done playing cards on Christmas night, it was too late to go out for our annual Christmas caroling run - even though we got instruments in our stockings! - so we missed it this year :( Saturday we went to my aunt's for my dad's family Christmas. Well, half of them were in Florida, but whatever.

Sunday I went out to dinner in Rochester with my friends (at The Hills). The food was pretty decent, but the dessert wasn't really worth the price (I want my cookie warm and soft!). We played games at home for New Year's. My cousin had another party (game night) on Saturday. I had to leave early again, this time because I had to drive back to Maryland on Sunday. I learned a few things in Trivial Pursuit and apparently I know all the questions about Georgia for some reason...

No comments: