Friday, January 8, 2010

Ketchup, Part I

(Pre-Christmas)

Well, it has been quite a while. With the holiday season and other events, I haven't gotten around to writing anything, though I told myself I would several times...We'll see how much I remember of what I wanted to say :)

We went to my cousin's the night before Thanksgiving for a foosball tournament. The rookie team of my brother and I took down the three-time defending champs but lost in the final. I had to leave "early" so I could get up early and run the Turkey Trot downtown with my dad. It was cold and crowded as usual. I didn't see any mile markers until mile 5, so after maneuvering my way through the first mile, who knows how fast I ran to nearly average the 7:00 pace I was hoping for (tempo run). My shins at this point had been continuing to get better after the week off earlier for shin splints.

I came back from the holiday to a short week, as I flew to Vegas Friday afternoon for the marathon. I wasn't aware that my plane stopped in L.A. before getting to Vegas, so that was a little surprise when I got to my layover in Memphis. Not that it mattered much, though. Besides, I met some "punk" looking girl from Seattle who said she was looking forward to getting wasted after the marathon...haha. We went to see La Reve on Sunday night, which was pretty interesting, but not really riveting. I flew back Monday afternoon.

No comments: