Thursday, February 28, 2008

Circles

Do you ever get stuck in a circle, a pattern, that's tough to get out of? I'm stuck in one right now. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping since I got back from the weekend at Bucknell. Part of it was staying up a little later than I'm used to now, and part of it is missing Bucknell and wishing I could go back to school. Thus I don't get much sleep because I have to get up for work in the morning. I get to work a little later, feel bad about it and am already a little down from being so tired. Work actually lifts me up a little if I'm busy (like the last week+)...weird. Then I either find something to do at night or just can't fall asleep. Hopefully I can fix that this weekend or so.

That being said, work has been quite busy. I'm the leader for 3 different projects with a couple other things to work on as well. Some of which is holding up production, but I think that will be all cleared up tomorrow morning. It's kind of nice being the "important" one, and keeping busy sure makes the day go by faster...and keeps me awake ;) Sad news that we lost two co-workers from Tustin last night in a plane crash. One was my age, and a friend of Vicki's. It's moments like these that you sit back and thank God for all you have in life and for every day you have on this planet.

My IT band has been feeling better recently, and I ran today under an 8-minute pace for the first time in a while. Felt pretty good. I think as long as I keep stretching (and icing if it hurts) I will be okay. The guy at T&H suggested using one of those foam roller thingies - actually said it's the best thing for it. I may have to acquire one cheaply or steal Dad's! I bought my plane ticket for Big Sur today. Prices finally dropped again.

I got a call from a recruiter place saying there is an EE position open at some government company in York, PA. I'm going to review that and see if I want to set up an interview. The thing with moving out there is job security (it would need to be good and permanent since it's not close to home) and what happens when all the college friends graduate. We shall see.

I made some other observation tonight, but I forgot what it was...

8 days until Florida!

No comments: