Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bucknell Weekend

Went up to Bucknell for the weekend since I had Monday off for President's Day. I had a blast, as usual. Oh how I miss Galloway. Got there late Friday night. We went Wal-Marting at like 1 am.

Saturday morning I got up early to run. At about mile 7 a little white fluffy dog bit me, so I had to get that bandaged up and talk to the owner to make sure I'm not going to get rabies. I almost finished the full 10 miles, and the last 2.5 or so were the fastest because I just wanted to get back to wash and take care of the wound. My IT band was okay, but not great. I think the bite took my mind off of that at the end. We went to the gym to play some basketball for old time's sake. That was rough. I haven't used those muscles in months and months! My shot was a little off, but not too bad for not playing in like 9 months. We lost to Holy Cross, which was a little disappointing, but I still had fun at the game. I got to see why our offense doesn't score much. Poor passing and a weird, slow motion offense... After the game the Wing Night crew headed over to Bull Run. After that a bunch of us went up to the LC to see Enchanted. Cute, but a little over-cheesy at points, especially at the start. Maybe that was the point. I don't know. It was entertaining anyways. I rarely see a movie I don't enjoy. A few of us played Scrabble when we got back. I came in second. Grr Josh! :-p

Sunday I slept in! So that was nice. We basically hung out all day. I went and sang at church. It was just two of us, so that was interesting, and I sight-read the Mass parts, but it went pretty well. I had most of my voice even after the basketball game the night before. I got to surprise/see Kim and a few other CCMers, which is always nice. The rest of the night we basically watched movies. I saw some of Flashdance, and we watched Bruce Almighty and Sweet Home Alabama.

I left Monday afternoon. Well, almost evening. I tried to stretch it out as much as I could. I hate saying goodbye. It's really one of the toughest things to do. Off the top of my head, finishing a Marathon is the only thing I can think of that is as tough. That and get over someone...

No comments: