Sunday, September 9, 2007

Don't Expect. Live.

Today has been a little weird, starting with a dream I was in as I was woken this morning.

Don't expect things out of life. No, I'm not being negative, I'm just trying to reason things out and I figure this might be the way to go. Expecting things, certain things especially, can lead to disappointment, taking things for granted and lack of motivation. Not "expecting" things to happen or be a certain way can open you to surprise and satisfaction and happiness when something wonderful, or even something seemingly mundane, happens. Sometimes things you never imagined you would remember in years to come you will cherish forever. These little moments that might even seem insignificant at the time. I know I often miss the littlest things and can never forget the memories.

This is not to say that you shouldn't dream or aspire. In fact, that is part of my point (the lack of motivation part). If you expect things to happen, your drive will be weaker, even perhaps you'll end up sitting there waiting for things to happen. Dream. Dream big. Just don't expect. Dreaming is different from expecting. You have to make things happen yourself sometimes.

Don't take things in your life for granted. Enjoy them as much as you can and be really happy about them - you're often lucky to have them.

Sorry I rambled.

No comments: