Wednesday, July 13, 2011

U-S-A! U-S-A!

If you haven't been watching USA in the Women's World Cup, you're missing out. Playing a (wo)man down for almost an hour against Brazil in the quarterfinals, they scored in the final minute...third minute of added time...in extra time... to tie the game and went on to win in penalties (i.e. shootout, for all you non-futbol fans (i.e. non-soccer fans, for all us Americans!)). Heck of an inspiring comeback. Then this afternoon they scored the go-ahead goal late (78') and went on to beat France 3-1 for a spot in the finals. Another exciting, well-played game. Luckily, Wednesday is my work-from-home day, so I got to watch! GO USA!!

It's hard to not get goosebumps and be inspired watching games like that. I also have been watching a little bit of the Tour de France. Or, as you might call it this year, Tour de Crash. That must mean I'm now a triathlete nerd instead of a running nerd? :) But I'll always be a runner first.

That said, I made 600m straight in the pool this morning! If it was a 750m race like my sprint tri in 2.5 weeks will be, except in the pool, I could have made it. Considering when I started 3 months ago, I could barely do 50m, I'd say it's quite an improvement!

No comments: