Saturday, July 4, 2009

Finally

Okay, so I'm finally updating. Let's see...

Business trip was sort of interesting, though I only stayed for about 24 hours. Flew from there to Minnesota for Grandma's Marathon (in Duluth). The race was hot and had very little shade, so it was pretty tough. I felt good for the first 8 miles, and then I tired quickly. Halfway I decided it wasn't worth it and held back a little. Nonetheless, I walked a lot in the second half of the race - the most I've ever walked in any marathon. Ended up finishing in 3:45:49 - so I'll be running Las Vegas again this year to try and BQ. I saw the black flag along the way and my dad saw 92 degrees on the bank sign...they were darn close to canceling the thing.

Sunday we skipped our typical stairs/waterfalls/hiking trip and caught most of a Twins/Astros game in Minneapolis for Father's Day (I had to catch a flight).

I took about a week off of running (well, with an easy 4-miler that Tuesday) and started back up this week. I had a real bad calf cramp Wednesday morning getting out of bed, so I had to kind of slow my start up for the training. I went 8 today for the first long run of Baltimore/LVM training. My next race will probably be the Harrisburg 1/2 Marathon in September. Depends on if I find a 5k or 10k along the way...

I decided on a place to move to in Baltimore. Finally. Looking at places and deciding took a lot of time and I kinda got tired of it. I move in next weekend, so I'm starting to pack up (forgoing the holiday stuff). That being said, my room's a big mess...haha. We're still trying to find someone to take my spot here since the guy that was going to bailed on us last minute. Trying out the city life...

I turned 24 last Friday (not yesterday). Saw Transformers, which wasn't all that great, but entertaining enough. Then Saturday I went up to PA for some fun games and to see people. It was a good weekend :)

I started watching The Office from the beginning and finished Season 5 last night, so I'm all caught up. A good cliffhanger, but it seems pretty obvious... I guess the next season starts in September. It's a hilarious show and I greatly enjoy it. I'm definitely a Jim.

I started playing indoor volleyball last week, so I've learned quite a bit about the positions and everything. It's fun and I'm getting more comfortable out there (or in there?)... I've meanwhile been sucking at the plate in softball, but at least my defense is okay-ish. I'm such a rookie =P

Okay, back to making a mess of my room. I mean...packing.

No comments: