Friday, July 4, 2008

Another Year

Well, this is long overdue now, but my thoughts on year 23 and things I learned, as well as some events...

- Being single can be fun, and I can be a happy, functional human being without a relationship.
- I can fall in love again.
- A broken heart always sucks, no matter if it's the first time or 256th...if you're okay with it, either it's not a broken heart or you're a cold, heartless mass that is no longer a human being.
- I miss my Bucknell friends dearly (which is part of the reason I moved to the East Coast).
- Finding a place to live is fun and exciting, but difficult and stressful!
- I do still need 4E wide shoes (don't pick a running shoe just because you like the colors...)
- Pliers can be rather sharp.
- Eating spicy foods when you have a sore throat is not that enjoyable.
- I don't really like beer that much, but would like to try a bunch of new kinds just to see if I like them.
- I learned what a fedora is, and I want one.
- Sterling Heights is apparently Michigan's 4th largest city!
- I learned where your obliques really are and how to work them.
- I really am rather politically oblivious and should probably care more than I do...
- Mascara is a liquid.
- Frank Sinatra was in the original Ocean's Eleven.
- There is another place in the world besides The Pantry that can satisfy my breakfast hungers (Coogie's in Malibu).
- Health insurance can be expensive.
- Wii is fun.
- Food gets expensive when you eat as much as I do.
- "Yes, We Have No Bananas" is a real song.
- I learned what tulle (the fabric thingy) is...
- People do deserve things.
- There's a difference between expecting things and expectations.
- I feel old when I say "When I was in college..."
- I like cherries and tomatoes.
- I haven't kissed anyone in 15+ months
- Running in circles repeatedly the same way isn't good for your legs.
- Sleep is very important for your body, especially when training for a marathon.
- Running surfaces are important...
- Someday I want to finish an Ironman.
- The shortest residential street in the U.S. is in Baltimore (Ohio, 25 feet long).
- Sappho killed herself over a man.
- The highest and lowest points in the continental U.S. are both in the same county.
- Alaska is state with the longitudinally Eastern-most point in the U.S.
- Fingerprinting costs $20.
- Don't do a phone interview with a company if you've already accepted a job offer.
- After 10 years of injury-free running, then two injuries, I've become a hypochondriac...
- I learned how to deposit a check via ATM.

- Had my first plane ride and now have 4 trips under my belt.
- Visited CA for the first time.
- Went to the fireworks downtown for the first time.
- Watched more movies and plan to continue that trend.
- Discovered Colbie Caillat and Feist, and discovered more Coldplay and Vertical Horizon.
- I've been trying to relearn piano.
- Learned to cook a little more.
- Had my first real running injury(ies)...toe and ITB :(
- Began using the ChiRunning technique
- Did a little bit of drawing.
- Met some wonderful new people.
- Experienced my first dog attack/bite during a run.
- Re-connected with some old friends.
- Ran my two slowest marathons (one due to injury, one to the hard course) instead of BQing.
- Spent one of the best weeks of my life with friends down in Orlando.
- Had my wisdom teeth out (all three).
- Got my first job after college (and second...)
- Went to my first Big Ten football game (go green!)
- Pa'diddle
- DoRAK is growing :)

Looking forward to many things in year 24!

No comments: