Sunday, March 16, 2008

Florida, Part I

Ok, so here's my update. I'll split it up so it's easy to stop somewhere. Kind of like chapters in a novel ;)

So now that I'm all gradumatated and have money, I went on Spring Break with my fellow Bucknellians (and one honorary C&Her). Basically it was one of the best weeks EVER.
We went down to Orlando for Universal Studios and other fun.

I got up Saturday morning and ran 16 miles in a blizzard (wind chill 8 degrees). I actually had to force myself to go 2 miles shorter because I didn't have time. I had to catch my plane! We sat on the runway for a while in Detroit, so my flight got into Atlanta about an hour late. Apparently planes still take off in whiteouts. I got to Atlanta at about 6:30, and had to catch my connecting flight to Orlando at 6:50. Of course they put that flight on the complete opposite side of the airport... Luckily it was delayed until about 7:20, so I made it with plenty of time to spare (though I still didn't get to eat anything). I got to Orlando about 9:30. I caught Chik-Fil-A just before it closed and had some dinner (after removing those disgusting green things they put on their sandwiches). The Baltimore crew arrived at about 11 PM, I think, and we took a cab over to the hotel. I learned what a pudiddle was and that mascara is a liquid. We hung out in the room until the Jersey/PA crew arrived (really late). I had the best night of sleep on the floor perhaps ever, thanks to Allison's AMAZING blanket that I hogged for the rest of the trip :-D

Sunday we slept in a little because of the late night and caught the afternoon shuttle to Universal. We managed to pack like 16 people into a passenger van, utilizing lap space and the floor. We spent the day at Universal Studios, which was pretty fun. Some workers let us get on the Mummy ride right away, so that was pretty cool. The ride was by far the best one in that park too, in my opinion. We came back and had some dinner and I think watched a movie. Some of the nights kind of blend together now. Also, I started losing my voice.

Monday we hit up the morning shuttle and spent the whole day at Islands of Adventure. Lots o' fun even though I had basically no voice. They have Fire & Ice (Dueling Dragons), coasters that "duel" each other. They're some pretty cool coasters, and twice during the ride you almost hit the other train so that's pretty cool - Fire was slightly better, especially since you couldn't really see Fire from Ice on the first close passing of the rides. The Hulk was pretty sweet too. Lots of other fun things too, like Spiderman and the Jurassic Park area. I think (again, these couple days are blending with each other now) we did some water rides. We played games and watched movies or something again at night.

No comments: