Friday, January 4, 2008

2007 - Year in Review

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2008.

2007 was an up and down year for me, but I learned so much about myself, life and the real world. So, here are some things I've learned in the past year...

1. A better idea of what I want in and out of a relationship.
2. That it's relatively possible to be single, but it's tough.
3. People change.
4. The heart does not forget.
5. Friends are very important and so nice to have.
6. I don't take very good care of myself.
7. How important surfaces are when running.
8. How hard it really is to run a Marathon.
9. How important training is for Marathons, and how much a toll it takes on your body.
10. That it's much more necessary to choose shoes by the fit/size, rather than by color/looks.
11. That my toes would eventually cause problems if I wasn't careful.
12. I'm even more passionate about some things than I thought.
13. Yes, I am really that skinny.
14. I'm not very good at writing music. I'm better at lyrics.
15. Las Vegas is not my kind of town.
16. Michigan's economy sucks. So do gas prices.
17. I like to learn, just more at my own pace.
18. School was not very practical...I've learned a lot more at work and from co-workers.
19. How important sleep is to your health.
20. Electrical Engineering isn't as bad as I thought, but I'd still like to find a job I'm more passionate about or enjoy more.
21. I want to live within a 1/2 hour of my workplace.
22. Who invented the glow-in-the-dark toilet seat.
23. It's harder than I thought to pick the up playing the trumpet again.

I'll add more as I think of them. Now for the resolutions/goals...

1. Stick to my running schedule and stay relatively uninjured.
2. Qualify for Boston.
3. Get a permanent job and apartment near work.
4. Take better care of myself and get more sleep.
5. Get better at playing guitar and piano, and work on my vocal range a little.
6. Join a gym so I can run indoors and work out so I can get stronger and feel better about myself.
7. Join a church and church choir.
8. Meet new people.
9. Join some sports teams, maybe via work.
10. Finish my website before I die...ha

No comments: