Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Songs of 2011

Happy New Year to all!

As noted by my "seven facts" blog entry, I love making lists - and music. So, combining the two, I did my best to compile my top 31 (20+11) musical "finds" for 2011 (note some might be older songs that I've only until recently discovered). Now I know why people say it's hard to come up with a list like this...
  1. World Spins Madly On - The Weepies
  2. Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars
  3. Options - Gomez
  4. Something Inside - Jonathan Rhys Meyers
  5. Someone Like You - Adele
  6. When My Time Comes - Dawes
  7. The Understanding - Jones Street Station
  8. Everybody - Ingrid Michaelson
  9. This Time - Jonathan Rhys Meyers
  10. Faster - Matt Nathanson
  11. Barton Hollow - The Civil Wars
  12. Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise - The Avett Brothers
  13. Horchata - Vampire Weekend
  14. Baby We Were Young - The Dirty Guv'nahs
  15. Rolling In The Deep - Adele
  16. Better Be Home Soon - Crowded House
  17. Marathon - Tennis
  18. Little House - Amanda Seyfried
  19. No One's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses
  20. Bushwick Blues - Delta Spirit
  21. In Sleep - Lissie
  22. Jejune Stars - Bright Eyes
  23. Animal - Neon Trees
  24. Great Escape - Sister Hazel
  25. Honey, Let Me Sing You A Song - Matt Hires
  26. Song For My Beloved - The Dirty Guv'nahs
  27. Adelaide - Chadwick Stokes
  28. One & Only - Adele
  29. Bottom of the Sea - Matt Nathanson
  30. Used To Did - J Roddy Walston & The Business
  31. Lost In My Mind - The Head & The Heart
And some "honorable mention" songs because it was too hard to choose only 31...

Sister Hazel: Shame / Mandolin Moon / At Your Worst
Colbie Caillat: Brighter Than the Sun
Reina Del Cid: Stay Away From Me, Love
The Bridge - Big Wheel

Hope you found some awesome new music this year too!

No comments: