Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Five Percent There

So I don't think I've mentioned on here yet, but I've begun training for triathlons, with the ultimate goal being to finish an IronMan. The plan right now is Austria 2012. I mean, if I'm going to do it, might as well make it even more awesome, right?

I have the running part down. I know I can do that. I am confident I can get the bike part down. But first I need a bike ;) I plan to order a bike Friday morning, so hopefully be out riding by next weekend!

The swimming is where I really have to work. My idea of swimming for the last, well, since swim lessons when I was really little, is sitting in a hot tub :) I started almost two months ago now, learning how to swim. I signed up for lessons (1-on-1!) because I figured I needed it. It's been slow progress, but progress nonetheless. I made it 200m straight this morning (though I did roll to my back 3 times) and also 250m backstroke. Tested out my new mirrored goggles too! Considering the IronMan is a 2.4 MILE swim, I have a long way to go! I'd like to do an Olympic or Half IronMan this fall, and a sprint tri next month...and I'm only a quarter the way there for the sprint! Just gotta keep chugging along...

2 comments:

The Middle Miles said...

Decide on which bike yet?

Mike said...

Well, pretty sure you know by now, but Trek 2.3 :)