Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cali

Last Monday night I got back from my weekend trip to California to visit Vicki :) It was lots of fun, refreshing, and just all-around good.

I flew in Thursday night. Friday we went to the Long Beach Aquarium. That was pretty neat. We got to touch some stingrays and small sharks, and play with the birdies (Lorikeets). The little stingrays are soft and slimier, and the big ones feel almost like they have a hard shell. The sharks were kinda scaly. Saturday after the run in the morning - which was refreshing ;) - we went down and spent some time in San Diego. Sunday we went to Six Flags Magic Mountain and met one of my high school friends for dinner. Six Flags had a couple really cool and different rides. X2 and Tatsu. X2 rotates the cars 360 degrees throughout the ride and is just plain awesome. Tatsu is a flying roller coaster, which was pretty darned neat too.

It was nice to be away from everything. I also got a little more perspective on moving to a new area for work, and how tough it is (I don't think that it's just me). I love the friends that I have, but I do need to find some here. Going up to Bucknell is what holds me together right now, in some ways, and it's almost like a vacation everytime. I love it up there, but I know I can't go back forever.

No comments: