Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shoes

It's amazing how important shoe choice is, especially for running. I got the regular size rather than extra wide, and I end up with foot/toe problems. I'm convinced that my running shoes were at least part of the reason I am developing a slight Hallux Valgus (bunion). One stupid decision because I liked the colors and was sick of the same old shoe for the last two or three years, and it could end up in surgery (hopefully I can avoid it getting that bad). It sure took a toll on my running for the year. If I do have to get the surgery, it will probably sideline me for a year :( Ahh! That would suck even more! So make sure you choose your shoes wisely...

In better news, though, I went out for my first run since October 6th (in new shoes, the "same old" style). It was the first time in a long time I felt like I was running normally. It was 28 degrees with a wind chill of 18, but I was happy anyways. Time to slowly build back up. Big Sur in April?

No comments: